Thursday, August 19, 2010

Duff and Townsend Park, Murrysville

Mike and I rode Townsend and Duff last night.  Great weather!  I had some chain issues that kept me from really hammering, but it was good nevertheless.  The pine section in Townsend Park is awesome, and I forgot how cool Duff is.  Duff has trails that are sketchy as can be, where the price for failure is a long tumble...just the kind of ride we like!

Gallery from the night - http://www.jonpratt.com/2010/Townsend-and-Duff-0818

Some shots from the night

Pine section in Townsend
Pine section in Townsend Park

Out on the road in Murrysville

Mike on some stairs

Duff Park

Mike on the stairs

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are the caretakers at Townsend Park (we live in that house). Last night he said "there are people on bikes with backpacks doing into the woods". He mentioned it only because we rarely see bikers, generally just walkers with dogs. LOL So this morning your blog showed up in a Google alert I have set for "Townsend Park". Small world. Nice pics, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! We don't go through Townsend very often, but Mike, who you see in the pics, lives on Bulltown so we do venture in there once every couple of months. Pretty park! It surely is a very small world indeed! Glad you found, and enjoyed, the pictures!

    ReplyDelete