Sunday, February 20, 2011

Iron City Bikes' Black and Gold Sprints at OTB

Last night I hung out at OTB on the Southside to watch Iron City Bikes' Snowed In, Return of the Yeti- Black and Gold Sprints.  Always fun to watch guys and girls try to best each other on the rollers. Since it's a bar, it's pretty dark in the back so it makes it a challenge to get great photos without using a flash.  I try not to use the flash whenever possible, I'd rather capture the natural lighting available.  So my Nikkor 85m f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.8 tend to be my go-to lenses in these situations.  Some of these came out pretty well, especially considering the riders are racing the bikes for about 8-9 seconds at a time.

Gallery from the night - http://www.jonpratt.com/2011/OTB-Black-and-Gold-Sprints-219

Some photographs from the sprints -

all hands on deck
all hands on deck

MC King Ted
 MC King Ted

determination
determination

and win
and win


video of Erok and Seth plus

No comments:

Post a Comment